Sunday, November 28, 2010

Good Sunday



My stake president spoke in my singles ward today about how doing the simple things really do yield the biggest blessings. I like how he described them as miraculous; how reading from the scriptures, or getting on our knees to talk to God are blessed miracles. If you think about it that way, it really does seem extraordinary. You mean that I will receive blessings if I but read and pray? Is it really that easy? You bet it is. Yet, we all struggle with doing easy. We make everything so blasted hard and I think a lot of it has to do with filling our time with everything but the easy stuff. The world demands a lot of us: school, work, relationships, errands, whatever, and we push aside what really makes us happy.

So go do yourself a favor--do something that's both easy and good and don't tell me that you don't feel better for it.

No comments: