Monday, November 8, 2010

CES Fireside: Elder M. Russell Ballard


Last night's CES fireside was exactly what I needed to hear. You really find out how mindful Heavenly Father is when he caters a message for you. Here are my notes. These are mostly for me, but all the better if  you get something out of them, too.

  • Satan knows our weaknesses and uses lures to reel us in and won't voluntarily let us go.
  • Keep the gospel of Jesus Christ simple.
  • Give the Lord equal time.
  • Jesus Christ can heal us both physically and spiritually.
  • Are you happy with the direction your life and faith are going?
  • Do you love God?
  • Are you doing the simple things?
  • The gospel of Jesus Christ provides an escape to our mistakes through repentance.
  • "No one is secure until the very end." We must sustain our faith on a daily basis.
  • Don't let the internet steal away my time from what is precious.
  • Despite the craziness of the world, there is still good: 90 percent of countries are democratic, poverty's decreasing, and education is improving.
  • We need to be full of hope and optimism regardless of the negativity in the world.
  • The Church has seen astounding growth. We are the future leaders. We must prepare now and keep our covenants now.
  • My divine parents and Jesus Christ love me.
  • Stay anchored to the doctrinal principles of the gospel.
  • Do the right things everyday for the right reasons and you'll be okay.
  • We're here on earth to see how dedicated and committed we are and that's exciting.
  • I have a great destiny.

2 comments:

Fei said...

What struck me the most from his talk, was when he talked about callings, and accepting them. While I am all for accepting callings and understand foreordination in theory, I'd never thought that little ole me might have promised to accept and fulfill certain callings within his kingdom.

We really, truly are needed for very specific purposes.

Ashley said...

Amen, Fei!