Sunday, November 21, 2010

Good Sunday


Bishop McCombs and Dan dressed up as Bishop McCombs this last Halloween. Pure classic.

I've been in five singles wards since I've been able to attend singles wards, all with goodly bishops. But there is one ward that I spent the most time in than any other ward, and the dear, dear bishop of that ward got released today. Can you believe he was the bishop for 6.5 years?! They generally keep singles wards bishops in for three. Anyway, I consider Bishop McCombs a second dad. I love that man. So full of energy and humor and love. He always tried to get me married (but I guess any good singles ward bishop will do that).

I'm not in his ward now, but my singles ward meets in the same building. A few weeks ago, he was standing outside of his bishop's office as I was walking by and he pulled me inside. He informed me that he was going to be released, and invited me to attend his "farewell" today. I told him I'd absolutely be there. He also told me to make sure to send him a wedding announcement. Bahahahaha. Like I'm ever gonna get married. Jk. He'll be at the top of my wedding invitation list fo sho.

Anyway, I went to his ward's sacrament meeting today. The transition happened. A new bishopric was called. But like one of Bishop McComb's counselors said, every person who has ever known Bishop McCombs is a better person for knowing him. I whole-heartedly agree. I love you, Bishop. I'll send you that announcement as soon as I can...



And the Relief Society lesson was really good today. It came from Sister Ann M. Dibb's May 2010 Ensign talk, Be of a Good Courage.

She referenced four guides to assist us in our quest for courage. They are found in the book of Joshua in the Old Testament.

1. Prayer (Joshua 1:5)
2. Keep the commandments (Joshua 1:7)
3. Read and study the scriptures (Joshua 1:8)
4. Commitment to follow the prophet (Joshua 1:16)

Hope your Sunday was good! Here's to a courageous week!

No comments: