Friday, November 19, 2010

A Bum Isn't Just a Homeless Person

Maybe I sat on a word card at school today.

Maybe that word card had tape stuck on the back.

Maybe that word card stuck to my bum.

Maybe I didn't know it.

Maybe I got up from that chair in that classroom and walked to the office like that.

Maybe as I was closing the door to the office, my hand brushed that word card on my bum.

Maybe I had to go back to that classroom to return the word card.

Maybe the teacher told me that they had all seen me walk out of the classroom two minutes earlier with it stuck on me.

Maybe I was embarrassed.

Maybe the word card said, "visible."

The end.


Good story, eh?

Which reminds me of another good story. I was helping my sister study some Spanish vocabulary last night for her test today (which she aced by the way!). One of the words was detrás, which means "in back of" or "from behind." My sister was having a hard time remembering the meaning, so I suggested this trick: detrás (which sounds like day-tross in English) kinda includes the word ass (pronounced oss, but you get the idea) at the end. And an ass is a behind, which is the meaning of the word. The end. Pretty clever of me, don't ya think?