Monday, September 13, 2010

I Couldn't Have Planned It Better Myself


Yesterday morning's post was all about taking two hearts and making them one and how that is to be accomplished. I'm a newbie when it comes to relationships, and so I had some questions. And low and behold, guess what last night's CES fireside was about. MARRIAGE! Somebody loves me enough to provide gospel instruction on my inquiries!!! Okie dokie, here are mis notas from the fireside, given by Elder Richard G. Scott:

  • Family and home are pillars of the Lord.
  • There is NO deception with the Holy Ghost.
  • Different perspectives (from both spouses) give opportunities for growth and development.
  • MEN: don't coast through this time of your life. It goes by too fast.
  • Tell your spouse often that you love 'em.
  • Elder Scott and his wife, Janeen, never had an argument or said an unkind word in their marriage. Woah--that's quite a standard to achieve.
  • Marriage enables you to really find out who you are.
  • We're encouraged to get married youngish so that we don't have time to develop uncharacteristic habits (somebody out there, put a ring on it already!)
  • Janeen Scott was so positive. She said something like this: "I just want to shout and dance in the sunshine. I love being alive!"
  • It is certain that we will receive all blessings of which we are worthy.
  • Seek to know the will of the Lord through the Holy Ghost.
So great, huh? Pretty timely if I don't say so myself. I think Elder Scott said the word STUPID twice. The context? Movie-going. Married couples can watch all the movies they want; they already know each other. But for a guy wanting to get to know a girl, according to Elder Scott, it's plain stupid to take her to a movie on a date. Take that, uncreative men! ;)

2 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth Downie said...

Oh great, I didn't get married young. I wonder what uncharacteristic habits I've developed? :(