Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy, Level-headed, and Moral

Those are the three adjectives I used to describe myself this afternoon in response to a mock interview question.

My teacher asked for volunteers to sit in three chairs in the front of the classroom to be asked sample interview questions that a prospective teacher may be asked when applying for a teaching position. Two students in my class readily volunteered. I wasn't one of them. He made me be the third. Lovely. The first mock interviewee was David. He was asked what his classroom discipline plan would look like. He did well. Rose was next. My teacher asked her--oh heck, I can't even remember right now (that's how exhausted I am right now), but it was a good education-related question and she had a good answer.

[ugh, that makes me mad that I can't think of it right now. it'll hit me at 3 a.m.]

And then it was my turn. I was way nervous. I hate being put on the spot. I do well when I have time to think, but not only did I not have time to think, but I was also wiped out. My question: Describe yourself using three adjectives. Before I had the chance to say something, Rose piped up, "Beautiful, smart..." so I kinda played off of that, but my teacher was serious, so I went with happy and level-headed. And then my friend, Lisa, looked at me and said "moralistic." She knows I'm a goody-two-shoes Mormon, so heck, I said that I was moral.

Phew! I got the easy question!

How would YOU describe yourself using only three adjectives (in a job interview, have you)?

3 comments:

Trey said...

Cheap, easy, and gullible.

PensivePearl said...

I really wanted to pipe in and answer this question for you, I was going to say

"Ashley knows she is ...

positive
easy going and
devoted"

devoted could be replaced with diligent, I just really wanted a cool D word.

Ashley said...

Oh, Jess, those are kind words. Thanks. The best D word I can think of to describe you would be DYNOMITE!!!