Friday, September 10, 2010

Everything I Learned About Life, I Learned From My Internship


I'm learning very valuable life lessons from my internship (of which I'm 3/8 done with, thank you very much!). Here they are in no particular order:

  • You won't click with everyone, especially your superiors. Don't feel inferior, but don't settle for their over-bearing authoritativeness either. Be cordial and flexible. [I feel like this one might apply to who I choose as a future husband. Of course I'll choose someone I connect with, but he'll still have habits or whatever that don't coincide with my style].
  • Life doesn't always run by your schedule. Oftentimes, your agenda is at the mercy of others. [Can we say future kids?!]
  • Eventually, a trial will be over. Even though it sometimes stinks, go with the flow and remember that it will be done with sooner or later. [Lifelong application, no doubt].
  • MONEY ROCKS! [Unpaid work doesn't rock].
  • Life is like a bunch of hoops. You gotta jump through them (with finesse and acrobatics) to get anywhere. [Sorry, Forest Gump, your chocolate got trumped].
  • Try your hardest to do things right the first time. [Backtracking is the pits].
And for your viewing and listening pleasure, a song that ties into this post:

No comments: