Sunday, October 3, 2010

You Probably Think This Post Is About General Conference


And you're probably right!

The last two days have been full of the Spirit as I have watched the 180th Semiannual General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If you don't know what that is, it's when the world gets to hear counsel from the leaders of the Church, including our modern-day prophet. It happens twice a year, and it's a major blessing to be able to be inspired and edified and unified in this magnificent way. To learn more about the history and logistics or whatever of general conference, visit here.

My favorite talk was by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf in the Saturday morning session. It was all about simplicity. My new favorite quote from that talk is, "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." I liked this talk because my life is super hectic right now thanks to this internship of mine. And I can see how I may make my life unnecessarily busy even when I'm not interning. So, my plan is to simplify as much as I can. Because heck, I want to be sophisticated. Sounds so posh.

Did you have a favorite talk? Did you go to a live session? One day I'll make it to one!

No comments: