Friday, December 17, 2010

Service




We Relief Society sisters went to an assisted living home last night and caroled and visited with some of the residents. We had a grand ol' time singing the same songs over and over as we walked up and down the hallways. It was a beautiful sight to see the bright smiles on these folks' faces as we brightened their holiday just a little bit more. I'm glad we had this opportunity to "serve" them in this way, but it's true what is said: service usually does more for the server than the one being served. My spirit and attitude were lifted last night, and I have this activity to thank.

Speaking of service, Mother Nature is sure serving up her best with all this snow. It's pretty to look at and all, but overall, I'm just not a fan of it; it's always a trial when it comes to driving. Oh well, I guess you don't appreciate the hot summers as much without also enduring the cold, snowy winters.

And the week has served up its Friday! Yippee!!

No comments: