Sunday, March 6, 2011

Good Sunday


Two of my sisters and me at home before the Dairy Queen.

...and a pretty good weekend, too!

Friday night: Went to Dairy Queen with the fam to celebrate my 26th birthday which really happens this coming Saturday. We celebrated early because I won't be here this weekend; I'll be in UTAH! I'm so very very excited.

Saturday: Most of the day I participated in CPR and first aid training for work. Lots of mouth-to-mouth, chest compressions, back blows, cheesy first aid video acting, and scenarios later, I better have passed! Also got to hang out with family and talk to Ben*.

Today (Sunday): Got to church a half-hour early to have a Relief Society presidency meeting. Then I heard some nice and odd (there are always a few it seems) testimonies during sacrament meeting. Then we had a fantastic lesson in Sunday School about the beatitudes in Matthew 5, and learned about the "more excellent way" from our excellent teacher. And then I had the fun opportunity to teach the Relief Society lesson on balancing our busy responsibilities with the gospel (the number one priority, of course). I'm grateful to Ben* for helping me prepare for the lesson with lots of great general authority talk, scripture, and object lesson ideas. He's the best! And now I plan on wrapping up this blog post, taking a nap, talking to Ben* on the phone later, and attending the CES fireside tonight.

Hope your Sunday and weekend were great!

*Ben: Okay, Reader's Digest version for now--Met him through a mutual friend in January. Seeing him this weekend. Lots of phone calls and emails in between. Further inquiries? Ask me personally. :)

No comments: