Monday, March 28, 2011

Creamin' It Up



This post was originally going to be pretty heavy; consisting of my current thoughts and things that have me troubled. Too often, I take things way too seriously, partially because a lot of people around me else take things too seriously, and I'm a partial-product of my environment, sadly. I'm weighing a big decision in my mind. Actually, the mind and heart have made the decision already I think; I'm just trying to figure out if it's right, and if it is, the appropriate time to follow through. Life is full of choices, and sometimes I think I hold back from making them, and yet sometimes I think I'm blessed with a free spirit to take leaps. I guess what worries me the most are the future consequences of my current choices. It reminds me of this quote by President Thomas S. Monson:

"I can’t stress too strongly that decisions determine destiny. You can’t make eternal decisions without eternal consequences.

Read the entire talk by clicking on this sentence.

I love our dear prophet, President Monson. I'm glad I remembered talk, and I plan on studying it out further as I continue to ponder my decisions. Because, after all, they do determine my destiny.

Um, I guess the post ended up being heavier than I wanted it to, but hey, I gotta throw a little bit of cream in with the milk once in awhile.

No comments: