Friday, May 6, 2011

One Week


My talented friend Jess took pictures of Ben and I last Thursday before I moved, and this is one of them.

It's been a week since I've stepped foot into Utah, and everything's going really well. I must say though, that the first couple of days at work were kinda strange for me. Of course I was busy getting accustomed to everything, but my brain would shift every now and again and realize that I was in a brand new big city, starting a brand new job, making a brand new change in my life. It was a rather odd feeling, and I'm still adjusting. Most of my life I've been very sheltered and taken care of (and I still am), but this is one of my biggest transitions ever. I'm grateful for a loving family who is in communication with me everyday, for the very generous friends I'm living with, and for my very supportive boyfriend, Ben. The future looks promising!

I've been busy these last seven days! Let me try to remember and recap what I've been up to.

  • Spending LOTS of time with Ben. We watch a lot of Heroes. I had never seen the show before, but he owns all of the seasons on DVD, and so we watch it. I am hooked!
  • Went to my new ward on Sunday. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. I attend Ben's family ward.
  • Started my new marketing job on Monday. Getting to know my department better. There are five of us in the marketing department, and they're all great to work with.
  • Ben's family has a mega-FHE (married children with their children) the first Monday of every month, and so Ben and I (only dating, mind you) went to that. They hold it at Ben's parents' house, only a two-minute walk away from Ben's. We ate a yummy taco dinner (including Ben's tasty rice crispy treats), and had a fantastic lesson/activity.
  • Ben's dad's birthday was Wednesday, and we had a little family gathering/party for that. Happy birthday, Ernie! 
  • Little shopping here and there for odds and ends.
  • Finally got around to exercising last night (first time in over a week and a half probably). Ben and I went on a run/walk in the neighborhood.
  • Got Ben set up on Facebook last night, too. Doubt he'll be on much, but it's nice to be connected with millions of other Facebook users, I suppose.
  • Ben and I are going to the temple tonight, and have some fun plans for tomorrow which I'll blog about later.
And I'm sure I forgot something, but that's the gist of what I've been up to in the last week. Like I mentioned before, my posts are fewer, but I'm still around. I just got around to checking out the blogs listed on my sidebar. But as things continue to settle down, I'll try to be connected more often.

Happy Friday! Have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time! I'm so glad you finally made it to Utah! I remember you talking about living here one day when we were in the MTC!!

Elizabeth Downie said...

I'm happy you're doing so well! :) Glad to read an update too!