Monday, April 25, 2011

The Latest

Hope you had a nice Easter yesterday. I did. Went to church and enjoyed a nice sacrament meeting program that the ward choir put on. It was my last Sunday here, so I said a good-bye to the sisters in Relief Society, and gave them a little Easter/good-bye goody. Whoever is called as the next RS president will do well (probably better than I), but I am grateful that I had a chance to serve the sisters in my ward as I did, and for the opportunity I had to strengthen my testimony through serving in this capacity.

This morning I've taken care of a little emailing business and sifted through some old stuff I've been storing in my bedroom closet, trying to decide what to keep, what to throw away, and what to take with me to Utah.

I have a subbing job this afternoon teaching third grade. This assignment will be my last subbing job. Probably ever. Tomorrow through Thursday will be spent packing, and tying up any loose ends before my Ben arrives mid-day Thursday. I'm so excited for him to visit for a little while and to meet my family before he and I drive back to Salt Lake City Friday morning.

It's really starting to hit me now that I'm leaving home, and I know it will be hard to be away from family and friends here, but I'll be in great hands in Utah.

No comments: