Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Right Place. Right Time. Right Jewelry? Part II.



In regards to yesterday's intriguing blog post (I know you're dyyying to know what it's all about):

I showed up to some work-related training last night a few minutes before it was to begin. The room was PACKED full of women, and there was only one seat left. I took that seat and exchanged obligatory hellos with the two women sitting across from me.

After some blah blah blahing about some really important, educational, and exciting topic, the presenter popped in some 1982 video, and so I tuned out and started to doodle on my PowerPoint printout (tree killer). After some nice little flower doodles, the girl sitting across from me wrote on her paper and showed me: "R U Mormon?" I nodded my hand and pointed to my CTR ring, non verbally questioning if that's how she figured it out. She nodded her head. I then asked if she was LDS too, and she again nodded her head. She then wrote, "I moved here one month and four days ago. I'm looking for a church."

I ripped out a sheet of paper from the notebook that I definitely did not use during the presentation and asked her to write down her name, address, and phone number. That way I can send her to the nearest family meetinghouse via mormon.org. She has a four year old daughter, and is engaged to someone (so technically she's still single), so I could pick her up and take her to the singles ward with me. I'll have to see what she prefers.

Immediately after this exchange, I felt the confirmation of the Holy Ghost telling me that I was where I was supposed to be. The Lord is looking out for this young woman, and He placed me in this only chair left in this large room. What a blessing for both of us.

2 comments:

Joseph Clark said...

That is Amazing. It has really inspired me. This is in italics..

Brian Fogelberg said...

oh! I like this :D Keep me posted!