Sunday, February 13, 2011

Good Sunday

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVE!

I had a really good time at church today. I love Sundays because it's the one day during the week that I know I'm guarateed to feel the spirit and focus on Jesus Christ and the gospel.

We had some great sacrament meeting talks on love (of course), humility, and forgiveness. The choir also did a neat medley of primary songs about love. Awwww.

Gospel doctrine class was really good, too. This particular teacher always brings the spirit so strongly into the lessons he teaches. And the Relief Society lesson was taught on fasting and sacrifice. I always learn so much from the sisters in my singles ward, and even though I'm their "president," they're the real leaders to me.

And then I had a couple of meetings after church, including ward council, in which our main focus is now meeting the needs of individuals. It's about the one, and it's important that we move away from administration/calendaring/activity planning (which ward councils have been about in the past) and really hone in on the people. I love my dear bishop and the leadership of my ward. I'm becoming a better person because of my calling and association with them.

Sundays help me remember the real treasures of this life and build up my reservoir of faith for the upcoming week.

No comments: