Friday, September 16, 2011

Utah Bridal Shower

My beautiful future mother-in-law hosted a bridal shower for me last night, and the love and support from those who attended was so great.

I had a couple of old friends who I hadn't seen for awhile come, and quite a few women from my new-ish ward who I don't even know too well come, too.

We all had a fun time. I guess there's a bridal shower tradition that I had never heard of in which all the bows and ribbons from the gifts are put in the hair of the bride-to-be. Have you heard of that? Well, let's just say that you couldn't even see my hair by the end of the gift-opening (pictures to come later). I was so blessed with an abundance of such fun stuff--cookbooks, kitchen supplies, and so much more. I'm so grateful for those who attended, and to Jeannie for hosting such a wonderful shower.

I'm looking forward to my second bridal shower in Reno a week from tomorrow!

No comments: