Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tender Mercies at the Airport

Ben and me in the airport yesterday.

Well, Ben and I are back in SLC, and back to the usual grind. I'm here at work playing catch-up, and working on some other projects.

Again, Ben and I had such a great time on our vacation. It was so nice to not have any responsibilities, and to relax and have fun with my family.

We experienced some tender mercies at the airport yesterday. First, I got to chat for a few minutes with one of my favorite people--a former singles ward bishop, Max McCombs. He was actually on the same flight to SLC with us. It was great to catch up with him. Ben even took a picture of us! I'll have to post that some time soon. The other tender mercy: when Ben and I booked our flights in June for this trip, there were no more adjacent seats left, so we knew going into it that we wouldn't sit next to each other. But once we got onto the plane, a nice older gentleman (who coincidentally happened to be on our flight from SLC to home last Thursday), asked Ben if he wanted to switch seats with him so that we could sit next to each other. Awww! It was such a little thing, but still a testimony that God is aware of us and our desires.

Hope you're having a great start to your week!

No comments: