Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Prom-posal Story!



There's no way I can do the proposal story justice through my mediocre words, but I still want to have it written, and for you to know! It was unbelievable. Maybe I'll bullet it. Yes, I'll bullet it.

  • got home from work yesterday (ben had the day off, but usually we come home from work together).
  • ben said that he wanted to treat me to dinner at robintino's, an italian restaurant in bountiful.
  • we stuck around the house for a little while, then off we went.
  • but first he used an excuse to get me to go to my place.
  • we get to my bedroom, and there on my bed is a dress that he rented from a fancy formalwear place (i had gone to this place to get the correct fitting, so i knew a special proposal was approaching, but i didn't know when/what we were doing).
  • he said, "you're gonna want to be wearing that. i'll be back in a half-hour to pick you up."
  • i scrambled to get a girl over to help me put on my dress, but wasn't having any luck. i began to get ready myself.
  • he also had some of his mom's beeeautiful jewelry and silver purse there for me to accesorize my dress with.
  • i finally got his sister-in-law to come over and hook/zip me up.
  • a few minutes later, he arrived!
  • we walked outside to a streeeetch white hummer limo. oh em gee.
  • the limo driver took us to robintino's where we enjoyed a yummy italian meal.
  • then we went to our church building where ben with his family's help had set up a prom scene (neither ben nor i went to our own high school proms).
  • we took pictures, danced, ate, the whole nine yards.
  • after that fun, he went onto the stage and in the microphone announced the prom king and queen. i wonder who they were?
  • with sashes and crowns/tiaras, we released the balloon/rose petal/confetti drop.
  • ben brought out a cake that said "i love you, ashley." he asked me to remove one of the (icing) roses from the cake.
  • the one he asked me to remove wasn't actually icing. it was a RING BOX!!!!!!!
  • he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.
  • i said, "yes...hahahahah...of course...hahahah."
  • i opened the box, and took out the most gorgeous ring.
  • we embraced. a lot.
  • we danced to our song, "the rose," as performed by westlife.
  • we then picked up our friends, sophia and troy who were waiting on stand-by, and some of ben's family members in the limo, and brought them back to the gym to enjoy the remainder of prom with us.
  • sophia and troy then came home with us. we opened a bottle of martinelli's.
  • i called my family and gave them this bulleted list.
  • ta-da!
  • i'm engaged!
  • the wedding date is 11-11-11 in the reno lds temple.

4 comments:

Jan said...

What a great memory for you and what a wonderful way to start your lives together. I love most that you sound so happy and so settled - -I know Ben is awesome because I know you (and you are awesome!). Congratulations!

xoxo

karlamsmith said...

Ashley, I am so thrilled for you! Ben sounds like an amazing, thoughtful guy. Congratulations to him on scoring wonderful you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley-
I am so excited for you! I remember you dreaming of this time of your life and I'm glad it is unfolding before your very eyes! Your wedding date 11-11-11 is so cool! Also I told you you needed to move to Utah awhile ago and look what happened. ;)

Elizabeth Downie said...

Very sweet story. You two are a great couple. :) Congratulations.